- Queen Bee Wellness
- Three Goats Farm of Montgomery, Texas
- Melissa is a former beauty queen, personal trainer and certified holistic health coach. Melissa founded Queen Bee Wellness to specialize her coaching practice towards Women's Wellness and Beauty. She helps women focus on finding their own natural beauty from a integrative approach of balancing Mind, Body and Soul. Melissa believes that what we put in our mind is just as important as the nourishing food we put in our bodies and products on our skin. She strives to coach women to balance a healthier body image, approach to wellness and authentic living. With her passion for a clean lifestyle, Queen Bee Wellness therapeutic skin care products were born- to help women enhance their natural glow, without causing harm to their health from chemical laden toxic products. Melissa's philosophy to real beauty is summarized in "Wellness is Beauty". Melissa resides on a 10 acre farm in Montgomery, Texas with her husband and teen aged children. In her spare time she is chief goat wrangler and milker of her "Queen Bee" herd of dairy goats at Three Goats Farm.
Monday, January 24, 2011
Primitive DIVA's "Gardenceuticals"
Since the beginning of time our primitive ancestors have turned to nature to provide healing from disease, illness and minor conditions. However with medical advancements and the fact that Big Pharma has got to find a way to benefit monetarily- our society has moved straight to the lab to create such a dizzying offer of toxic chemical cocktails that tout to provide relief from acne to warts. All while delivering almost humorous warnings of the potential side effects...!
Here are THREE of my favorite "Gardenceuticals"....that a Primitive Diva or Dude for that matter, may need on occasion:
1) Helps alleviate Gas, Bloating and other unpleasant digestive woes like nausea/vomiting from air,car and pregnancy related morning sickness. I could write a book on Hyperimesis during the first 16-20 weeks of my pregnancy, (salivating just on the recall and that is the certainly the ROOT of my LOVE for ginger...pun intended)
2)Contains strong anti-inflammatory compounds,called Gingerols. These compounds inhibit the formation of inflammatory cytokines, chemical messengers of the immune system. Ginger is a very succesful therapy for osteo-arthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. A wonderful post workout drink of ginger juice OR tea is my favorite way to enjoy my ginger dosing! Take 3 square inches, juice it and call me in the morning!
1)An anti-oxidant POWERhouse- the chemical derivative that gives Tumeric its brilliant saffron color can protect cells from free radical damage. Especially beneficial to the mucosal linings that have fast cell turn over like the lining of the colon where cellular DNA damage can lead to cancer.A daily dose of Tumeric and its amazing cancer inhibition has been seen highly beneficial for Lung, Breast, skin and Liver cancer.
2) Provides great support to detoxifying the liver.
3) Also provides a similar degree of anti-inflammatory benefit, like ginger!
1)Cinnamon is listed as one of the earliest "known" medicines. Reported uses include; arthritis, asthma, cancer, diarrhea, fever, heart problems, peptic ulcers, psoriasis, blood sugar imbalance and spastic muscles!
2)Some of the scientifically confirmed effects are as a sedative for smooth muscles, circulatory stimulant, diaphoretic, diuretic, antibiotic anti-ulcerative.
3)Has been shown to stabilize blood sugar-reducing fasting blood glucose totals from 20+%, reducing Triglycerides by 30% and a reduction of LDL Cholesterol by up to 27%!
So do what I do....make yourself a nice cup of Ginger, Tumeric and Cinnamon Tea daily....curl up and expand your mind with the following book. It will do your body GOOD!