Primitive Diva

My photo
Three Goats Farm of Montgomery, Texas
Melissa is a former beauty queen, personal trainer and certified holistic health coach. Melissa founded Queen Bee Wellness to specialize her coaching practice towards Women's Wellness and Beauty. She helps women focus on finding their own natural beauty from a integrative approach of balancing Mind, Body and Soul. Melissa believes that what we put in our mind is just as important as the nourishing food we put in our bodies and products on our skin. She strives to coach women to balance a healthier body image, approach to wellness and authentic living. With her passion for a clean lifestyle, Queen Bee Wellness therapeutic skin care products were born- to help women enhance their natural glow, without causing harm to their health from chemical laden toxic products. Melissa's philosophy to real beauty is summarized in "Wellness is Beauty". Melissa resides on a 10 acre farm in Montgomery, Texas with her husband and teen aged children. In her spare time she is chief goat wrangler and milker of her "Queen Bee" herd of dairy goats at Three Goats Farm.

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Getting Settled


Where am I…..? Who am I?

These are question’s, I have been pondering for several months now. Yes, we made it to the farm in June. Well….at least part of the way. We were not able to sell our home in the burbs until Thanksgiving ,so we have been renting a “barndominium” from our neighbors, who own the property next door to our future Three Goat Farm. It has been a chaotic  whirl wind of trying to get kiddo’s settled in at new schools, meeting new friends and neighbors, adjusting  to a new town and putting down roots in our new surroundings.We grew our one goat herd to three. It has been tough with most of our belongings in storage, not having my healthy food stores (um….yah- only have Brookshires and Walmart here in Montgomery), moving away from my favorite parks, lakes and running trails. I have neglected the blog, my friends and my path and passions for the past 6 months.  I even took this time of uncertaintity to start my “embrace the gray” project of my aging gracefully chapter of the book (more…MUCH more on that later next week). I really struggled with what my NEW life was supposed to be. Even professionally, being 1-2 hours from Houston brought my nutrition business to a screeching halt. I have actually learned a lot about myself—in that I am NOT someone who adapts well to change. It really rocked my foundation. Even though the goal and outcome is living THE life of my dreams.

In November, with my new…..well, lets call them “curves”,I started leading a small group of ladies, in a outdoor bootcamp ("The REAL Farm chicks of Montgomery"), at a local park. It has helped bring that fitness and fellowship component back into my life- that I had so desperately missed. I have also been quite lost nutritionally and found myself diving head first into my pioneer woman cookbook along with getting a bit too reliant on my local grocer. I mean heck, I am living in the country- surely I can have a biscuit or 3. For those of you who stay away from commercially prepared grains also, you can only imagine how toxic I feel with the inflammation/joint pain raging.So, I have dusted the unsprouted crumbs off my face  and am putting forth more effort towards ONLY  feeding myself and my family from LOCALLY sourced foods and trying to plan more future self sustainability on our farm. I dream of the day that we will NOT have a need to visit a supermarket  to obtain any nourishment (except maybe Coffee, Avocado’s and Chocolate-haha! Those are a requirement) We have fruit trees ready to be planted in the spring. We are designing movable chicken coops to be built this winter and we are about to breed our first goat that I was blessed with last Christmas (“Bella”).I can't wait to have my own milk for my new passion for cheesemaking. As soon as we have our water well, I will transfer my small garden onto our farm next door(hopefully it becomes a large garden with a bounty to share!) Oh….and did I mention we have our first bee hive!  So, everything on our horizon is looking bright. We have had our first meeting with the builder, to review our new house plans and discuss financing and construction schedules. Such a big step……this is our dream coming true.

In the next few months, I am finalizing THE book (I know, I know.....! And yes it is the same one I started over 1 year ago!) final phase of rewrites and editing.  I will be taking a hiatus from working with individual clients and just teaching local workshops and filming a few video’s. This is the perfect time. Because by Spring, I will be putting on my overalls (Yes, I got a pair of Carharts for Christmas) and really sinking my boots into my “farm-girl-hood” identity. Sorry for the delay……I hope I have found my answer to who I am now. If I get lost again, will someone come look for me…or at least make a goat noise (I will come runnin)Please (wink)!
 

xoxo,
Melissa
The Primitive Diva

No comments:

Post a Comment