Primitive Diva

My photo
Three Goats Farm of Montgomery, Texas
Melissa is a former beauty queen, personal trainer and certified holistic health coach. Melissa founded Queen Bee Wellness to specialize her coaching practice towards Women's Wellness and Beauty. She helps women focus on finding their own natural beauty from a integrative approach of balancing Mind, Body and Soul. Melissa believes that what we put in our mind is just as important as the nourishing food we put in our bodies and products on our skin. She strives to coach women to balance a healthier body image, approach to wellness and authentic living. With her passion for a clean lifestyle, Queen Bee Wellness therapeutic skin care products were born- to help women enhance their natural glow, without causing harm to their health from chemical laden toxic products. Melissa's philosophy to real beauty is summarized in "Wellness is Beauty". Melissa resides on a 10 acre farm in Montgomery, Texas with her husband and teen aged children. In her spare time she is chief goat wrangler and milker of her "Queen Bee" herd of dairy goats at Three Goats Farm.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

"Never let them see you sweat...."


Obviously, I am chemical free advocate when it comes to my food and ANYthing that I put on my skin. I am also a girl who enjoys being outside,climbing trees,running barefoot and playing in the dirt, right? Well, that can make a girl smell not so diva-like. So, I began a quest to find a PRIMITIVE deodorant and with this being one of THE hottest and driest summers on record in my hometown of Houston, Texas—I really put them to the test.
The contenders were Tea Tree Oil with Witch Hazel, Tom’s (aluminum free)Calendula, Origins Organics Spray with White Willow Bark, Lavender and Lemon Peel and lastly, Thai Crystal Deodorant Stone (Mineral Salts).

Rankings:
#4- Last place: Origins, I actually carried this in my purse to reapply while out, I really wanted this one to succeed because, I loved the spray ability. But, it was a fail across the board. It smells good for about 5 minutes, the minute you heat up-it becomes very “unpleasant” and lemony sweet smell #FAIL

#3- Toms: Works fairly well for a couple of hours and then just seems to disappear #FAIL

#2 Tea Tree Oil: This works very well IF you like the smell of Tea Tree Oil—I don’t! I did not smell like a primitive being but I certainly did not smell pleasant, ha ha! So- it DOES work ladies, see how you like the TTO fragrance.

#1 Thai Mineral Stone: By far, hands down is THE most effective at staying DIVA fresh while being busy and on the go.

Remember, you need to sweat and perspire out enviromental and systemic toxins everyday. So, with a natural underarm bacteria fighter (deodorant), staying well hydrated and keep your body alkaline (Eat those GREENS!) you smell DIVAlicious at all times!


No comments:

Post a Comment